Monday, March 4, 2013

Get Free Christian Music

It's time for another mom tip! I am so thankful for all of my friends and my family who have given me wisdom and advice over the years. Some wisdom and/or advice has become a staple in our home, and other advice has not. It didn't make the advice wrong necessarily. The advice usually just didn't work for myself or for our family. So, this blog is geared towards giving you something that works for me, and if it works for your family then that is great too!

Here in our community there are several Christian radio station choices like there are in many communities.  I have been listening for a while to a radio station called Air1 which I love.  It is commercial free, because it is listener supported.  I like it, because it plays music that is a little bit more uptempo or modern than some other Christian stations. 

I know everyone has their own taste when it comes to musical styles.  Even I love a great Gaither song, but it has been a little bit better for us as a family since two of my kids are in the preteen and teenage age range.

Air1 has a website, and they have a song available for download all week starting on Mondays.  Every Monday there is a new song.  All of the songs I have downloaded, except for one, has been a really good song that you hear on the radio every day.  It is compatible with iTunes.  I think it is a great resource. 

Here is what you need to do to get your free music.
Open your iTunes account.
Go to the Air1 website.
Click on the black box which says, "Redeem Code Here".
A screen will come up on your iTunes showing you the song as well as the redemption code.  Click redeem. 
Your song should download to your iTunes account.

You can also download the song prior to opening your iTunes account, but you have to go through a couple of extra steps which asks you to allow a certain program to run which opens your iTunes for you.  I think it is just easier to open it myself.

The song that is available this week is "You'll Never Be Alone" by Capital Kings (below) if you would like to listen to it.



For anyone who knows me, I love free especially if it is edifying.  I am encouraging my kids to get the free songs on their iPods as well.  Happy listening!

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands." Psalms 100:1, KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment